Please login or register. July 30, 2014, 03:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Block Ad’s On Android Unrooted Device  (Read 2521 times)

Offline cirrus

• We Are The People
    • cirrus minor
Block Ad’s On Android Unrooted Device
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »

For Unrooted Devices: Browser-Based Ad Blockers

i discovered that you can create your own adblock filter for Opera mobile browser with a simple text file. First, create a file called
urlfilter.ini

somewhere on your SD card (I put mine in Opera’s folder),  copy the text from  http://pastebin.com/uMd4s30x

paste text into a text file and save as “urlfilter.ini”

move file to your SD card. It’s usually easiest to do this from your computer, after plugging in your device and enabling USB mode.

Then, disconnect your device and open up Opera. Type
opera:config

in the URL bar.      Do a quick find for filter.ini   You should see an option to tell Opera where your  filter file is. Tap that box, then hit the back button until you’re at the root of your phone (which it recognizes as a simple  ./ )

you just created adblock filter . After a reboot, you should find that Opera is ad-free.

Sadly, there aren’t more methods to block ads on Android, but these should help get most of you by. Got any of your own ad-blocking solutions we didn’t mention? Be sure to share them . in laymans terms , create a file named “urlfilter.ini” paste text into it and save as urlfilter.ini , move to sd card ,  in opera browser type opera:config  in address bar, then quick find for  filter.ini  point it to the newly created file on sd card (do not modify any other settings in “opera:config”). i like it because u can add wildcards to the .ini file and block those annoying ads once and for all,

Offline texstar

Re: Block Ad’s On Android Unrooted Device
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
Thanks for the tip cirrus. I'm going to give it a try in a few.